Friday, June 24, 2011

Bubble Boy

One of my son's favorite things to do is to sit outside while my wife or myself blow soap bubbles with one of those wands and bubble packs that you can pick up at any drug store for less than a buck.  Sadly, this is not a story about those kind of bubbles.

If you have read this blog over the past few days, you should be well aware that my son has been dealing with a cold.  He has been sneezing quite a bit as a result, and of course, he has a runny nose.  We try to limit the damage as much as possible by wiping his nose often, but like all children I have ever met, my son hates having his face wiped.  Thus, my son's nose looks a little like a leaky faucet these days.

This morning, as my son was playing quietly with some toys, I heard him sneeze.  As has been the case lately, I got up to get a tissue to wipe his face.  However, as I turned to wipe it, I looked at my son, and he had about six bubbles hanging around his nose.  Gross! (and that's coming from a man!)  My son's face looked like a bubbling cauldron.

Of course, I cleaned my son up, and the remainder of the day was rather uneventful.  Still, twelve hours later, the image of his bubbling nose is haunting me.  I really do hope I can someday forget that image.  So the lesson for today is:  Soap bubbles are cool, nose bubbles are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment