Monday, June 20, 2011

The Cottage Cheese Sneeze

My little boy is sick.  Nothing too major, just a little cold.  But as a result, he isn't sleeping well, and his nose is running and he is sneezing quite a bit.  Thankfully, he has remained in a happy mood through it all, and that helped today to pass without anything too eventful happening.

That said, I did learn an important lesson.  When you have a child who is sneezing a lot, do not give him food that could be extremely messy when it comes back out.  Don't get me wrong, I understand that any food coming out in a sneeze will be messy.  But cheerios (even the chewed variety), bread, etc. do not look too bad when they come back up. 

Cottage cheese, unfortunately, falls on the messy side of the line.  And of course, I gave my child cottage cheese for breakfast.  Nothing like cottage cheese getting sneezed all over the table.  What a mess!  It took awhile to clean everything up.

Sadly, one would think I would have learned my lesson at breakfast, but I did not.  Smart guy that I am, I decided to give my son a few bites of the sloppy joe we had left over from dinner a few nights before.  Of course my son sneezed again while eating the sloppy joe.   By comparison, the sloppy joe made the cottage cheese look like nothing.  Thankfully, I had remembered to put a bib on my son.  Otherwise, I'd probably still be cleaning.

All-in-all a good day, but I'll be much more cafeful the next time my son has a cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment